The Coriolis fiber placement robots are driven by the latest generation Siemens 840D controllers in order to give the best dynamic movements, speed and precision in driving the robots while enabling easy integration of the process into the network.
The controller is supplied on a remote industrial Siemens PC to ensure maximum power and functionalities without loading the numeric command controller dedicated to driving the machine.
For the sake of rapidity and simplicity, a touch screen enables the operator to intuitively access all the functionalities through intelligent and interactive dialogue boxes. Using a smart graphic support, the user always has, in good time, the command elements required for optimum work.
The wireless Siemens console enables operators to carry out several tasks :
► quickly access the manual control functions of the robot
► make a probing
► calibrate the robot
► run a lay-up program
► position the robot for maintenance
► make pre-programed movements depending on requirements
► The controller proposes three machine modes: Manual mode, R&D mode and Production mode.
► Production mode allows the execution of a lay-up cycle previously defined in R&D mode. Lay-up cycle corresponds to the combination of a movement program generated by « CADFiber » and production parameters (heat orders, pressure orders, alarm configuration):
- - Start / stop / restart a lay-up cycle.
- - Check the sequence of movement (ply and band sequences).
- - Record machine information (orders, measures, alarms, connected operators, notes...).
► R&D mode allows the adjustment of parameters and test of the lay-up cycle before part series production:
- - define / modify a set of production parameters
- - adjust orders (pressures, temperatures...),
- - enable or disable alarms, define their actions (immediate stop, stop at the end of a band, stop at the end of a ply…),
- - load a robot movement program,
- - test the lay-up cycle with or without fiber.
► Manual mode is used to pilot machine devices one by one in order to carry out maintenance:
- - Single piloting of actuators (valves, motor, cylinder...),
- - Execution of robot movement routines (home position, maintenance, program origin...),
- - Execution of specific routines (blade running-in, fiber adding, opening the tool to exchange blades).
► Functions independent from the machine mode:
- - user identification (login),
- - management of functions access according to the user group,
- - default display and operator messages,synoptic-styled visualization of the machine (creel, tool, robot and cell),
- - real-time display of measures (temperature, hygrometry, pressure),
- - lay-up cycle analysis,
- - data export under CSV format,
- - generation of a report under CSV format.
Traceability module records in a database information linked with a lay-up cycle: (movement program and production parameters)
- ► identification of the lay-up cycle,
- ► cycle execution dates,
- ► operators involved in producing the part,
- ► spool identification,
- ► pressure and temperature measures,
- ► alarms,
- ► operator's notes, cycle time.
► A series of measurement made with a Renishaw RMP40 mounted on the fiber placement head defines the position of reference targets (minimum 4 tooling balls for determining the tool reference)
► HMI functionality calculates the tool position regarding the probing results, and gives the corresponding calculation error.
► Typical calculation mean error is ± 0.25 mm,
► An initial correct probing is needed to automate subsequent automatic probing.
► Automatic probing is possible if the tool location is +/-2.5 mm within the theoretical position,
► Probing is more reliable than with a tooltip system, measurement time is reduced thus allowing a production time gain
• Last Version of Siemens 840D
• Flexible CNC system suited for multi axes applications
• Integrated safety functions